Low Profile Western tailgate salt spreaders sit lower on trucks to deliver top performance without affecting the operator’s view from behind the wheel.
- Corrosion-free polyethylene hopper
- Powder coated, vertical steel auger for material delivery
- Durable 10″ polyurethane spinner on Models 500 and 1000 deliver a spread pattern of up to 30′
- Large, 15″ polyurethane spinner on the Model 2500 delivers a spread pattern of up to 30′
- Standard Class III 2″ receiver hitch mount on Model 500 (Model 1000 requires additional mount purchase)
- Model 2500 tailgate spreader comes standard with Class IV receiver hitch mount
- Specialized “saw tooth” feed gate and auger design on Model 2500 deliver complete, reliable flow control
- Fully enclosed 12v electric, 1/3 hp motor
- Latching, molded polyethylene lid protects de-icing material from the elements
- Standard ratchet straps (Models 500 and 2500 only) provide additional spreader stability on your vehicle
|Capacity||5.0 cu ft||8.0 cu ft||8.5 cu ft|
|Overall Dimensions (LxWxH)||21″ x 39″ x 34″||19.5″ x 50.5″ x 35″||25″ x 50″ x 42″|
|Approx Weight (Empty)||75 lbs with mount||105 lbs without mount*||131 lbs with mount|
|Motors||electric, 12v, 1/3 hp||electric, 12v, 1/3 hp||electric, 12v, 1/3 hp|
|Auger (Diam. x Length)||2.63″ x 6″||2.63″ x 6″||2.63″ x 9″|
|Spreading Width||up to 30′||up to 30′||up to 30′|
|Materials||bagged ice melters, bagged rock salt, calcium flakes*, calcium chloride pellets*||bagged ice melters, bagged rock salt, calcium flakes*, calcium chloride pellets*||bagged ice melters, bagged rock salt, calcium flakes*, calcium chloride pellets*|
|Vehicle Application||vehicles with Class III hitch||full size trucks (over 6,000 lbs GVWR)||full size trucks (over 6,000 lbs GVWR)|
|Available Mounts||standard Class III receiver hitch||optional fixed mount, Class IV hitched mounted, dual-swing mount**||standard Class IV receiver hitch mount|
* May require 5-flight auger accessory.
** Mount sold separately.
Download Western Spreader Brochure